Monday, September 19, 2011

Great Northern Beans and Mexican Cornbread Bites

I get so excited every time I see a new country has visited my blog. Its like a child when they get a new puppy. I either yell out the country (if at  home) or call Steve to tell him. I want to welcome Germany, Canada, Cuba, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, Columbia, United Kingdom, Hong Kong, India, South Korea, Russia, Pakistan, Sweden, France, and the United States. I also, want to thank all my faithful followers. My goal is to have someone from every country. In a few weeks, I will have "Around the World" recipes. I'm excited to try something different from each continent. If anyone has any suggestions, or recipes you would like to share, please write in my comment box, or email at carlislerobin@gmail.com.

Recipe for the day: Great Northern Beans and Mexican Cornbread Bites

Easy meal, you can either cook on top of the stove or throw in the crock pot.  Plus, tomorrow with your leftover beans, we're going to make White Chicken Chili.


I love when the weather cools off, and cooking in the kitchen. Just a lazy day at home, eating and watching football. Steve is obsessed with football. I literally think he reads the sport page twenty times a day, plus the TV is on sports 24/7. Just kidding, he will turn it over for me to watch the Foodnet Work Channel.  Isn't that sweet?

Great Northern Beans:
1 package great northern beans, cooked as directed on the package
1-4 ounce can green chili peppers, diced
1-10 ounce can Rotel
1-16 ounce Kielbasa sausage, sliced into 1" pieces
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1/2 tablespoon black pepper
1/2 white onion, chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic

After your beans have soften, mix the rest of the ingredients in, and simmer for 1 hour.


Mexican Cornbread Bites:
1/2 pound pork sausage, cooked and drained
1 package Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup cream style corn
1 tablespoon jalapeno peppers, diced
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Mix all together. Spray mini muffin pan with Pam cooking spray.  Spoon in cornbread mixture to each muffin hole, and cook 15 to 20 minutes.


Serve and get your belly full.


Come back tomorrow with you leftover beans, for White Chicken Chili.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment