Tuesday, September 20, 2011

White Chicken Chili

White Chicken Chili:

2- boneless, skinless chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
1 cup of the chicken broth (from boiling your chicken)
leftover great northern beans
1 - 15.5 ounce golden hominy or corn
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
Top with your favorite shredded cheese

Boil chicken, and cut into bite size.

Mix all ingredients together, and cook on low heat for 30 to 40 minutes. Some people like to serve it over crushed corn chips. I'm serving it with leftover Mexican cornbread bites.



So easy and so quick. Nothing like White Chicken Chili on a cool fall night.

I read this quote and I have to share it. 

Each day is different and has a surprise in it, like a Cracker Jack box.

When I was a kid, I loved to eat cracker jacks and see what the prize was going to be. I always wanted the ring. I always got the press on tattoo. I could of gotten my ring when I was in kindergarten; that's when I got my first marriage proposal. Yep J.W. got down on his knees, during recess, stuck out this emerald green bubble gum machine ring, and asked me to marry him. I said NO, and ran off. I was mad because I wanted the ruby red bubble gum machine ring. I love old memories, and love the quote above. Life is full of surprises, some good, some bad. I always tell my daughter, that's what builds character.

Come back tomorrow for Zucchini boats, I'm putting them on here just for my friend Jack and his wife.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment