Thursday, September 15, 2011

One Skillet Shrimp

This is so easy and you will love it. My mother-in-law, Diane, gave me this, and its a keeper. Great for when your having a couple over for dinner. I actually cooked it for Scott and Kelly once. But this time, I cooked it for Candi and Linda. A little pre-birthday celebration for Candi. She told me she doesn't make big deals out of birthday's, but I DO. That's our one special day out of the year and I want to be treated special that day. ha!

I used my Rachael Ray's bubble casserole dish. I absolutely love her bake ware. I really want the lazy spoon, hint hint my family for Christmas ideas. ha!




1 Skillet Shrimp
2lbs shrimp
1/2 lb of butter
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon basil
1/2 teaspoon of oregano
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder or pods
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon rosemary
Plenty of black pepper

Bake at 450• for 10 to 20 minutes.

Use shrimp with heads on for best results. Holds in the moisture in the shrimp. I went to three different stores, and no shrimp with heads. Pooh! It still turned out good. Serve with crusty French bread, salad, and lots of napkins. You will want to dip your bread in the buttery sauce.

All you do is pour all the ingredients in the baking dish, cook, and serve. It's that simple, and people will think you went all out.


Chop herbs and butter



I spread newspapers over my table, as my table cloth. When your dipping bread in the sauce, this works out great. Easy clean up for sure, you just throw away the paper.

The presentation just makes it fun and comfortable.

I have to tell you about this website, Natalie told me about. It's called Worldmarket.com, it has some of the coolest things. Go check it out, and on my special day in March, you can send me something. ha ha  Just kidding.

Next week is easy recipe week, so come back tomorrow to check out the grocery list.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment