Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tuna Pockets

This is so easy, and only takes maybe 30 minutes. Steve really loved it, so I'll have to save this recipe. He asked me, where do you come up with these recipes. I replied, in my head or it might of been a recipe that I changed up, and put in different ingredients. I have to say anything with cream cheese in it, I love. That might be one of my down falls - CHEESE!

Tuna Pockets:
1 can crescent rolls
10 ounce can tuna, drained
1 tablespoon minced onion
8 ounce cream cheese
7 ounce can mushrooms, drained
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
1 slice of bread, crumbled
1 tablespoon soft butter

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.

On cutting board, sprinkle some flour out. Take the crescent rolls and with rolling pin, roll 2 triangular shapes together, to make one big square.


In microwave safe mixing bowl, add cream cheese and cook in microwave for 2 minutes, to soften. Drain your tuna and mushrooms, and add to the bowl. Add onions and fresh thyme, and mix all together.


 Put 1/2 cup of mixture in the middle of your crescent roll and fold in half. With your fingers, press and seal the edges.


Spray cookie sheet with Pam cooking spray. Add tuna pockets to sheet. Brush butter on top, and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Note: you can take one piece of bread, roll it up, and then in a rolling motion, with your hands rubbing back in forth, you can make your own bread crumbs.


Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. See so simple! Believe me, it  will melt in your mouth.


Come back tomorrow for Salmon Patties and Fried Eggplant.
Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

1 comment:

  1. Do you think substituting chicken for tuna would work with the other ingredients?

    ReplyDelete