Sunday, October 16, 2011

Crawfish Etouffee

Crawfish Etouffee is one of my favorite meals. I order it every time I go to The Faded Rose, local restaurant here in Little Rock, AR. Being Nola week, I had to try and make it. It turned out DELICIOUS! Natalie donated the props for my picture. She told me its very rare you get a shoe at Mardi Gras.


Crawfish Etouffee
1 stick butter
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
2 celery sticks, chopped
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
1-14.5 ounce chicken broth
1 pound frozen crawfish
1 cup rice, cooked as directed

Be'chamel Sauce
2 sticks butter, melted
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

Melt 1 stick butter in large skillet; adding vegetables. Saute until soften.

In another skillet, melt 2 sticks of butter; adding 1/2 cup flour gradually. Whisk together on medium heat until it turns a mustard color and thicken. Stir in to your vegetable mixture. Add chicken broth, garlic, seasonings, and craw fish. Simmer for 20 minutes, while your rice is cooking.

I dip out the etouffee, and serve rice in the middle. You can garnish it with chopped green onions. I know it has a lot of butter in it, but its so worth it.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment