Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Crawfish Roll and Crawfish Cheese Dip

Yum Yum! I got so inspired while I was in New Orleans. This is a new recipe my friend Kim was telling me about; so I had to come up with a Robin version. Lucky ya'll, you get double recipes and double crawfish.

Crawfish Roll
1 cup crawfish, cooked
8 ounces whipped cream cheese
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
2 cups fresh spinach
1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
4 Kaiser rolls
2 tablespoons olive oil

Saute your onion, pepper, garlic, and spinach in olive oil; until soft.



Mix together cream cheese and crawfish; adding the saute vegetables. Stir in Cajun season. Toast your roll and serve.



Ya'll I had this while I was in New Orleans, and fell in love with it. I'm crazy about some crawfish if you haven't noticed. Not much on having to peel them to eat them, so I buy frozen. After you try this, you will always want to make your cheese dip this way. The crawfish just add a little kick, punch, BAM to it.

Crawfish Cheese Dip
16 ounces Velveeta, cubed
8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
10 ounces Rotel
1 cup crawfish
1 tablespoon Cajun Seasonings

In double boiler, cook everything except the crawfish; until melted. Then add your crawfish in, and cook for 15 minutes longer.

Get to dipping guys.

I hope your enjoying New Orleans week. Come back tomorrow for Red Beans and Rice, it's our last Cajun Recipe for the week.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment