Saturday, October 22, 2011

Hello Dolly Pie

Surprise treat...


Guess who couldn't wait for it to cool or to take a picture? ME!

Ya'll I have to tell you, I was being lazy watching the "Cooking Channel"; it was about sweet shops in different states. The one in New York caught my eye. It was called the Chicken something, but you talk about pies. I will have to go there if I ever get to New York. He had buttermilk-bourbon pie, banana cream pie, peach-blackberry pie, but the one that got my attention was his COWBOY pie. The people were loving it. Well...down here in the south we call it Hello Dolly's bars. That's all it took to start my sweet tooth immediately. I went to talk to Steve. I said, "hey, I was watching this food show, and they had this amazing pie, I have all the ingredients except Eagle Bran milk." That's all it took, was for me to say I was baking a pie, and he ran out the door. hee hee

Hello Dolly Pie
1 ready made graham cracker crust
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup coconut flakes
1 - 14 ounce Eagle Bran milk
1/2 stick melted butter
1 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons caramel sauce (I add this)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix everything together; except caramel sauce, and pour into pie crust.

With a tablespoon zig-zag your caramel sauce. Bake for 45 minutes and let cool. Serve with Cool whip or vanilla ice-cream. Talk about hitting the spot for a sweet tooth, ooey gooey goodness, the chips just melt in your mouth and the Eagle Bran milk adds to the sweetness. Wash it down with a big glass of milk, and Yum! I wish you were here to take a bite with me.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!


No comments:

Post a Comment