Monday, October 24, 2011

Trick or Treat Goodies

Boy do I have a funny for you. I attempted to make white chocolate apples, with a snicker coating. Didn't work for me. Hey, Julia Childs made mistakes, and I make goof ups all the time. I did do a caramel apple with walnut coating, and a white chocolate apple with coconut coating. What did I do with the leftovers. I came up with goblin millionaires.

Apples: Caramel-Walnut
14 ounces of Kraft caramels, melt as directed on the package
1 apple
1 small package of walnuts, chopped

Melt caramels in double boiler.
Dip apple in melted caramel.


Roll in chopped walnuts, then wrap in party bag. Refrigerate.

White Chocolate Apple-Coconut
1 apple
2 blocks white chocolate, melted
1 cup coconut

Melt chocolate in microwave and stir. Dip apple in chocolate; then coconut.




Now are you ready for my funny pictures of my white chocolate snicker apple?


First of all, I could barely chop up the snicker bar. Second it was sliding off the white chocolate coated apple. I tried patting it on and everything. Steve is my official taster, so I cut it up  and he loved it. Too bad its ugly and didn't turn out.

So with my left over walnuts, caramel and white chocolate, I made goblin millionaires. This only made five with my leftover.

Goblin Millionaires
melted caramel
chopped walnuts
melted white chocolate bar

Mix together melted caramels and walnuts. Spray wax paper with Pam spray, and dish out one spoon full of mixture. Repeat until you have all laid out. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Dip in melted white chocolate, and put back on sprayed waxed paper. Let stand for 30 minutes, then they are ready to eat.

Even cooks make mistakes, that's part of learning how to cook. So experiment in the kitchen, try something new. You never know, you might come up with a hit.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment