Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Nola Pictures


"NOLA"


We went to go see Natalie in New Orleans. She took us to the neatest little place called "The Grocery".  I had the turkey melt Po-boy press, it just melted in my mouth. If your in New Orleans, you have to have Zapps chips - they are the best. I fell in love with this little place. My favorite places are the little hole in the wall places. If you go down there, its a must.

The decoration signs are done by a local lady down there.




On to the next day, we met up with Natalie's and my friend Drew; plus my friend Kim. She used to live around the corner from me. I'll never forget when she told me she was moving to New Orleans; I cried for a week, then I found out Natalie was going to school down there, and everything turned out great.

We started out at Fat Harry's to watch the game; and then went to New Orleans hamburgers, steaks and seafood.

I have to say, the crawfish cheese dip was to die for and I will be making my own version of that. Plus Natalie and I split this salad, it had green apples, raisins, pecans, grilled chicken and the dressing was scrumptious. Yes, I will definitely be trying to figure out the dressing and put my version on here. Drew, Steve, and Kim had the burgers, they looked so yummy.

There is so much to do in New Orleans besides Bourbon St., it's really a neat town and some of the best restaurant's ever.  Friday night (forgot my camera) we went to Theo's on Magazine Street. Little pizza place with the best pizza I've  ever had and the owners are from Little Rock, AR. Talk about small world.

Its always hard saying good-bye to Natalie. But, she'll be home next month for Thanksgiving.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment