Friday, October 7, 2011

Momma's Tailgating Frito Pie

I decided to go ahead with my post, and give you a surprise later this week.

It's football season, Woo Pig Sooie - Go RAZORBACKS! I just had to put that in there. I am an Arkansas girl and have to cheer for my Hogs. This is great for tailgating or when your having friends over to watch your favorite team play. My mom use to make this. Nothing warmer to the tummy than "Momma's Frito Pie" on a cool football watching night.


Momma's Frito Pie:
2 pounds hamburger
1/2 chopped onion
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons oregano
2- 14.5 ounce cans crushed or stewed tomatoes
2- 14.5 ounce cans kidney beans, drained
17 ounces ketcup
1 head of lettuce
Frito chips
1 fresh tomato
3 chopped green onions
shredded cheddar cheese, for the top

Brown hamburger and onion; then drain off oil. Add chili powder, oregano, can tomatoes, kidney beans and ketcup; simmer for 30 to 45 minutes. (Get the juices flowing).



Chop lettuce, green onion, and tomato; set aside.

In bowl add lettuce, Frito's, hamburger mixture, and top with cheddar cheese, fresh tomato, and green onions. Be sure and save one cup of the chili mix, for your chili cheese dip tomorrow.



Yum Yum! I'm also a huge LSU fan. That's really unheard of here in Arkansas, but they had this one player, Glen Dorsey, he was amazing. I think he plowed over four guys in one play, I was hooked from then on. You know I have to cheer for my Hogs and I love them, I always wear my Razorback Red. Secret of mine (a good ole southern girl never tells everything), but...I also wear purple to. Just no one can see it. ha! GO HOGS GO! go tigers go!

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment