Thursday, October 13, 2011

Robinism - Wizard of Oz

Have you ever had a Wizard of Oz type of day? You need a brain, a heart, or courage? Or you feel like Dorothy and just want to go home? I have plenty of those times. I have had that kind of week.

I wake up looking for my brain all the time. My dad use to tease me and say, "your stepping on it". Kind of like the other day, when I had my days mixed up and posted the wrong thing and you ended up getting two post that day. Now your getting a Robinism to make up for the lost day. I have to admit, usually my dead brain days are from lack of sleep, sick, too much on my mind or plate, or upset.

I read something in my devotion this morning, when we are down or having troubles. Instead of going into a panic and praying, "God, what am I going to do?" pray, "God, what are You going to do." I loved that. I'm a fixer and I want to fix it right now, but I'm learning I have no control over the situation or even a person. It's hard to let go of my old habits of trying to fix everything. When I'm down, this is the verse I read to lift me up.

The righteous cry and the Lord hears, And delivers them out of all their troubles, The Lord is near to the brokenhearted, And saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalms 34:17-18

Wow, that makes me feel so much better, He's near me and saves me, and you to. That also, goes along with the heart. If I only had a  heart or when my heart is breaking. I've had a lot of heartaches over the years from many different things. Sometimes I felt like Humpty Dumpty and didn't think my heart could ever be put back together. It might be because you lost a loved one, marriage or mate break up, or someone hurt your feelings. God has put my heart back together so many times, and didn't even have to use super glue. I think I'm falling apart and He gives me strength that just amazes me.

I do have to pray to get the yuck out of my heart, so I can forgive. I love the Jabez prayer, and pray it everyday. It goes like this:

Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain to others.

Ya'll I'm so far from perfect, I make mistakes everyday. That's the good thing about God, He made us and in His eyes we are perfect, thank goodness He is a forgiving, gracious, merciful, and most of all a loving God.

Now for courage. To be honest, changes scare me to death. And let me tell you, I have so many big changes coming up in my life. Sometimes I want to go crawl up, and cave dwell. Maybe if I stay there long enough, when I come out, everything will be fixed. ha!

Wait for the Lord; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord. Psalms 27:14

Love that! I'm having to learn how to step out on faith and courage.

Dorothy wanting to go home, I think we've all been there some time in our lives. Where is your home? I'm not talking about your physical address, I'm talking about what is the most important thing or person in your life. For me, I love my God, He's been so good to me and trust me, He's forgiven me so many times. Sometimes I think He want this time, but He does. My home is where my heart is. Where is your heart today?

When I thought about home, heart, brain, and courage, I thought ALMIGHTY GOD that loves you and me; gives me all of those. If I just let Him.

Tomorrow is Grocery List and we're going New Orleans style. So come back!

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment