Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Turkey Burgers

I have to admit, one day I was watching Dr. Oz and he had the Deen Brothers on. (Paula Deen's sons) They were doing low calorie recipes. I'm not for sure if this is exactly like they did it, but they did use ground turkey, black beans and corn. Steve absolutely loves theses. I served them with my coleslaw, and remember my watermelon in the garden? I finally got  to pick it, and it was so sweet. Yummy!

If your looking for something low calorie, and impress your friends tailgating; this is your recipe. Thanks to the Deen Brothers.



Turkey Burgers
1 pound ground turkey
2 green onions, chopped
1 -15 ounces black beans, drained
1 - 15.25 ounces whole corn, drained
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon minced garlic
3 tablespoon olive oil

Place oil in skillet and put on medium heat. Dump the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and mix together.



Form into hamburger patties, and place in skillet. Cook turning only once, until they are brown on each side. About 8 to 10 minutes on each side.


Serve with salsa on top.


Tomorrow is Robinism day, and on Friday New Orleans Style grocery list. It's a must see week. I have a Cajun  pasta you will love.

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment