Monday, October 3, 2011

Robinism on Love and Marriage

Love is patient, love is kind, and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done aways; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part; but when the perfect comes the partial will be done away. When I was a child, I used to speak as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became an man, I did away with childish things. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part but then I shall know fully just as I also have been fully known. But now abide faith, hope, love these three; but the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:4-13.

That is one of my favorite scriptures in the bible.  My dad once told me true love conquers all. Think about love, what does it mean to you? It was so easy for me to love my child, my parents, and family; even my friends. But to trust a man, was very hard for me. I was single for seventeen years, so independent, and set in my ways Big Time.

The week after Steve and I met, a tornado hit my house, in the middle of the night. He came right over. Even drove back to his house, to get us flashlights, and back the next morning to take my dog to the vet for surgery. Two trees had fallen on my garage, no way out. Not to mention he brought ice, and was a helper. I'll be the first to admit, I wasn't looking for a man right then. It was the little things he did for me, or said to me, that made me fall in love with him. That's the things that matter the most to me, telling me how pretty I look, or helping me, being there for me during the good and the bad days, supporting me emotionally. I wasn't use to anyone helping me. I did the yard and the house cleaning. I would go out of town to see Natalie, and come home to a mowed yard. I know that doesn't sound like much to most, but that's what showed me he really cared about me. You can buy anyone a gift, but to give a gift of themselves; now that's different.

I have to admit marriage was hard for me, at first. Being so independent, and used to doing everything on my own; plus I had to share. Natalie always knew, but I never realized how anal I was. Everything has its spot, and if it wasn't; it drove me crazy. Thank goodness Steve loves me for all of my quirks. Marriage to me, is having my best friend and accepting each other, as we are. Steve accepts me being anal about things, he also loves when I'm in one of my crazy moods. One day, in the shower I was singing (made up a song), Steven Lynn, my best friend, my husband, and etc. I was singing it to the top of my lungs, he came in there laughing. Or I'll do a silly dance and song. I have to admit, I can do a mean Saturday Night Life cheerleader Robin version.

Oh, and I've learned to  never throw away the sports page, of the newspaper. lol

Marriage is like a bank, you can make deposits or withdrawals. Make sure you put in your deposits. Like I've said before, its the simple things in life that matter. But if we ever become millionaires, I want a maid. ha!

Happy Anniversary Steve - I love you!

Be Sweet and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment